Sunday, April 13, 2014

2014 Masters Thoughts

It makes me happy knowing that a guy named Bubba is the Masters champion.  I'm just not a fan of some of the things Augusta does.  There's respecting tradition, then there's beating it over the head with a stick.  Except when it comes to the golf course, but that's not entirely their fault.  Anyway, Bubba Watson is a worthy champion, he plays quickly, he can and does hit just about every kind of shot one could imagine, and unlike Phil Mickelson, he doesn't have a really stupid-looking smile.

Also, so much for that back-nine Sunday drama.  The golf tournament was basically decided when the last group got to number ten.  After giving away four shots over two holes, the only way Jordan Spieth was going to win was if Bubba choked ridiculously, and he was just playing too well for that to happen. 

A lot of people were wondering if this was somehow going to be less of a Masters because Tiger Woods wasn't there.  I really don't understand why, I mean, he's missed other majors and the world didn't stop because of it.  I know he's an important figure in golf, but it's not the end if he isn't there. 

Random observation: How long has Colin Montgomerie been an analyst for the Golf Channel?

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Cool Science News

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment