Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waynesboro Municipal Tour Part 3

Hole 3: 125 yards

The third hole is the course's first par 3, and the shortest hole on the course.  The most prominent feature of the hole is the bunker just short of the green.  Unlike some of the bunkers on the course, this one does come into play, and it can be nasty.  The sand can be really soft, and golf balls have a tendency to plug, since you're usually hitting a wedge up high.  Actually, one time when I had a very, very plugged lie in the sand, my younger brother bet me ten dollars I couldn't get the ball to the hole.  It was only a 30 or 40 foot shot, but I had to swing with literally everything I had.  I got it there though.

The green is a bit unusual.  It's long and thin, and it sort of has tiers, but it sort of doesn't.  It has 3 levels, but the levels are separated by long and gentle slopes.  You do not want to miss this green long, there are a line of trees behind the green, it falls off sharply, and the green slopes away from you.  Also, I wouldn't recommend missing left during the summer.  It gets very dry over there, and it is virtually impossible to keep a golf from bounding almost onto the next tee if you go left.  If you have to miss the green anywhere, miss it right.  You won't have any green to work with, but it's better than the alternatives.

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Science Universe

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment