Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Carroll Valley Tour Part 6


Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Hole 6: 346 yards

It's been a little while since there's been a par 4, and this one is nice and short, by far the shortest par 4 on the course.  It plays uphill, with a fairway bunker on the right, but it really only comes into play if you hit less than a driver off the tee.  So, I always hit the driver, and that has absolutely never backfired on me.  Nope, I always hit a very long and straight drive right down the middle to leave myself a nice little pitch.  That is what always happens and I make many birdies on this hole.

For people out there who aren't lord and master over their driver and half-wedges, a wood or long iron may be a better option so you don't leave yourself a potentially awkward 60 yard pitch.  The right side of the fairway is definitely recommended, with the one greenside bunker being on the left.  And wouldn't you know it, the fairway bunker is on the right.  How inconvenient is that? Okay, there's a fairway bunker on the left, but I literally never noticed it until now, taking a closer look at the picture above.  It's not exactly obvious, and to be honest, I really don't see any reason for it to be there. 

The green is very long, and you can have some rather lengthy putts if your distance control with a wedge is less than optimal.  I think since this is a resort course, the greens are on the whole not particularly interesting because they have to accommodate the absolute beginner and the very casual golfer.  But other than that, this is a reasonably interesting short par 4, and it's hard to ask for more on a course which doesn't present much in the way of strategic interest.

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Science Universe

My Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment