Sunday, June 22, 2014

Carroll Valley Tour Part 8

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Hole 8: 223 yards

This is the longest par 3 on the course, but on the surface, it doesn't look that bad.  A couple of bunkers on either side, but the green is pretty much wide open.  Long irons are tough, but this looks like a pretty easy...

STOP RIGHT THERE!  There's sorcery on that fairway, I'm telling you.  I don't recall hitting a shot there that made any sense at all.  I've had good rounds come to a screeching halt because I hit the most incomprensible slice into a pond that isn't even on the hole.  Or if I'm having a terrible round I'll hit a great shot and make a birdie.  Just yesterday I hit an iron that was little more than a worm burner, but it managed to find the green and plop on down 30 feet from the hole.  I didn't make the putt, but no amount of strange voodoo magic can make me a good putter.

Seriously, it's either a birdie or kick-in par, or I have to work for a double bogey, and I have no idea why.  It's a weird hole.

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Science Universe

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment