Saturday, June 21, 2014

Carroll Valley Tour Part 7

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6

Hole 7: 400 yards

This is another mid-length par 4, and another relatively easy hole.  The drive is wide open, except for a native area well to the right.  It's flat, the fairway is inviting, and there's no particular danger, so I like to use a driver and just go for it.  That's my strategy on a lot of holes, but it works on this one.

The second shot is just a wedge to a green guarded by two bunkers.  Whether or not you can be aggressive and go at the flag depends on where the hole is placed and where your drive is.  Fairly often you'll hit a good drive, but since you hit down the wrong side of the fairway, the hole may be right behind a bunker.  I'll go right at it if the hole is open, but if not, I will try my best to aim for the center of the green so I don't go into a bunker and short-side myself.  The green is pretty thin, so shots on the wrong side of the hole can be pretty tough.

The first seven holes were not all that difficult.  The fourth is a little hard, mostly because it's pretty long.  The next few holes are not nearly as easy.  So, if you haven't gotten a good round going at this point, it might be difficult to start. 


My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Science Universe

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment