Sunday, July 6, 2014

Carroll Valley Tour Part 13

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12

Hole 13: 419 yards

You know, this tee shot is really pretty boring.  There's plenty of room, and the trees on the left aren't that formidable.  You would be surprised, though, how often I see tee shots take a beeline for the native area and trees on the right.  It's a good thing the road isn't a little bit closer, otherwise I'd see golf balls flying over it all the time.  I've done it, and so does everyone I ever play with.  What I normally do is play down the left side of the fairway, keeping as much distance between the native area and my golf ball.  It also shortens the hole a little bit.

The green is a little more interesting than the tee shot.  There are three bunkers surrounding the green, and they are...well, not that tough.  The only challenging aspect of the bunkers at this course is the fact that the sand is always really hard.  I have trouble with the club skidding right off.  Anyway, this might be the second longest par 4 on the course, but it's a decent birdie opportunity.  It's still a short iron for me, which means I can be aggressive.  I almost holed out from the fairway here once last year, finished just a foot away.  Shot a 76 that day, best score up to that point.  That was with about 34 putts, which is not brilliant, but I was hitting the ball really well.

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Science Universe

My Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment