Thursday, July 10, 2014

Carroll Valley Tour Part 15

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14

Hole 15: 183 yards

This may be one of the shorter par 3's on this course, but this hole is actually pretty hard.  The tee shot plays up the hill to a shallow green guarded in front by a fairly deep bunker.  I aim for the middle of the green and take the long putt.  Never go for the hole if it's on the left.  If it misses even a little bit left, it will roll off, and if you miss the green entirely, it'll bounce down the hill and you'll have a ridiculously hard pitch back up.  Seriously, it's no fun to the left.

Even if you do hit the green with your tee shot, the ordeal is far from over.  This green actually has some slope to it, and it's not unusual to have a putt that breaks five feet or more.  One of my cross-country voyages across this green broke about 25 feet in the end.  Seriously, it broke so much, I couldn't believe it.  I learned my lesson that day.  If you can two-putt this green, it might actually be better than the average.  This green is that difficult to putt if the hole is on the left.  It's not so bad on the right, but the left-hand hole locations are absolutely killer.

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Science Universe

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment