Friday, July 18, 2014

Carroll Valley Tour Part 18

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17

Hole 18: 215 yards

Not a great picture, but it's the only one I have.

It's taken some time, but here we are at the end of the Carroll Valley tour.  The last hole is another longish par 3, playing across a valley to a well bunkered green.  It's almost always nearly dark by the time I get to this hole, luckily this is a par 3 so searching is kept to a minimum.  This green slopes pretty severely from back to front, so you don't want to be above the hole.  Like I said on the last post, this hole's kind of boring and forgettable.  I'm not saying that the last hole should be ridiculous and over-the-top, but this hole always stuck me as being a bit bland.

So, now that the tour is over, what do I think of this golf course.  Well, it's not my favorite.  It's not that there's anything particularly wrong with it, but there isn't anything that it does well.  It's not too long, it's not too open or tight, the fairways aren't narrow or wide, the greens aren't interesting but they aren't flat, the bunkers are hazards but they're not difficult ones, and there's water on a few holes.  There's probably a reason nobody realizes that there's a golf course at Liberty Mountain here.  Well, other than that skiing is the resort's main focus.  There's no particular draw, it's just 18 holes of inoffensive, generic golf.  If you're looking to try out the game, this might actually be a pretty good place to do it.  There's enough challenge to keep the novice interested, but nothing insurmountable, it's well maintained, which most golfers find important, and it's easy to get around.  So, not really my kind of place, but it's certainly not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Science Universe

My Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment